Auditions for "GONDOLIERS" by Gilbert & Sullivan
- Stage Director: Robert Vann
- Music Director: Anne-Marie Endres
- August 16, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, and 26, 2018
Audtions are by appointment only!
Please read all of the following information, and then click on the link to apply for an audition time.
- Sunday, May 13rd from 2pm-4pm
- Tuesday, May 15th from 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Callbacks for principals on Thursday evening, May 17th, 7:00pm – 10pm
- Sacramento Youth Symphony Administration Offices, 3443 Ramona Ave Suite 22, Sacramento, CA 95826
- Apply for an audition time by filling out the online form.
(You will receive your scheduled audition time via e-mail no more than five days after you submit your application.)
- Print out, a copy of the Gondoliers-Audition-Form.pdf
- Bring your completed Audition Form with you to your audition.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes ahead of your scheduled audition time.
- At the Audition, be prepared to sing 16-32 bars of a classic work (light opera preferred) in English.
- An accompanist will be provided.
- Please bring a photocopy of your song with the measures to be sung, marked.
- No acappella singing or singing with karaoke tracks will be accepted.
- Please come to the audition knowing any conflicts from June 1 – August 26, 2018.
All roles open:
- The Duchess of Plaza-Toro (contralto)
- Casilda, her Daughter (soprano)
- Gianetta, Contadina (soprano)
- Tessa, Contadina (mezzo-soprano)
- Fiametta, Contadina (soprano)
- Vittoria, Contadina (mezzo-soprano)
- Giulia, Contadina (mezzo-soprano or soprano)
- Inez, the King's Foster-mother (contralto)
- The Duke of Plaza-Toro, A Grandee of Spain (comic baritone)
- Luiz, his Attendant (lyric baritone or tenor)
- Don Alhambra del Bolero, the Grand Inquisitor (bass-baritone)
- Marco Palmieri, Venetian Gondolier (tenor)
- Giuseppe Palmieri, Venetian Gondolier (baritone)
- Antonio, Venetian Gondolier (baritone)
- Francesco, Venetian Gondolier (tenor)
- Giorgio, Venetian Gondolier (bass)
- Annibale, Venetian Gondolier (speaking role/chorus)
- Chorus of Gondoliers and Contadine, Men-at-Arms, Heralds and Pages